Our team studied on 43121 reviews available online for Smart Card Reader, chose the finest ones and prepared Smart Card Reader Reviews for you. It was very difficult to shortlist the ideal Smart Card Reader from thousands of products online. However, We tried to make sure that you get only the Best Smart Card Reader from our suggestions. Check our listings-:
Top 10 Smart Card Reader Reviews 2022 Comparison Chart
Our team scanned 43121 reviews before putting any suggestions for the Smart Card Reader in this article.
|1||HID 921PTNNEK00000 multiCLASS SE RPK40 Multi-Technology Smart Card Reader with Keypad||9.8||Check Price On Amazon|
|2||HID OMNIKEY 3121 R31210320-01 Smart Card Reader - USB 3. 0 - Gray||9.8||Check Price On Amazon|
|3||Belkin USB Smart Card and CAC Reader||9.8||Check Price On Amazon|
|4||CAC Reader, DOD Military USB Common Access CAC Smart Card Reader||9.8||Check Price On Amazon|
|5||Identiv SCR3500A USB SmartFold Type A||9.6||Check Price On Amazon|
|6||E-seek M-260 ID Card Reader (with USB Smart cable)||9.4||Check Price On Amazon|
|7||saicoo DOD Military USB Common Access CAC Smart Card Reader||9||Check Price On Amazon|
|8||Identiv SCR3310v2.0 USB Smart Card Reader||8.8||Check Price On Amazon|
|9||Identiv SCR3500 Smartfold Smart Card Reader||8.6||Check Price On Amazon|
|10||Thursby Apple Plug-in Smart Card Reader with Lightning Connector Including SubRosa Software (TSS-PK7)||8.6||Check Price On Amazon|
1. HID 921PTNNEK00000 multiCLASS SE RPK40 Multi-Technology Smart Card Reader with Keypad
- Open Architecture Design – allows project specific formats and keys Powerful Options – Provides flexible options for processing multi-technology cards and configuring the reader’s audio/visual characteristics.
- All HID Card Formats Carryover
- Simple Migration – from the most popular proximity technologies to iCLASS
- Reads:125kHz – HID, Indala, EM4102 or AWID proximity13.
2. HID OMNIKEY 3121 R31210320-01 Smart Card Reader – USB 3. 0 – Gray
- With standing base for convenient vertical use
- USB Smart Card Reader for CAC Army Military DOD Government ID, National eID, ActivClient, AKO, OWA, DKO, JKO, NKO, BOL, GKO, Marinenet, AF Portal, Pure Edge Viewer, ApproveIt, DCO, DTS, LPS, Disa Medical Corporate Enterprise email CAC Cards.
- For Contact Chip IC Common Access Cards
- ISO 7816 Standard, EMVCo Terminal Level 1; TAA compliant; GSA Fips 201 approved
- All major operating systems supported: Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux OS, Apple macOS X
3. Belkin USB Smart Card and CAC Reader
- Compliant with TAA and FIPS-201 certified cards
- Broad Support for Standard Smart Cards. ISO 7816 Class A/B/C compliant; 5V, 3V, 1.8V
- Full support for Microsoft WHQL, Microsoft HCK, and USB CCID for out-of-box compatibility with no additional software or drivers required.
- Appropriate for local desktop use
- 3 year warranty
4. CAC Reader, DOD Military USB Common Access CAC Smart Card Reader
- Widely Used] CAC Rader DOD military CAC USB smart card reader, suitable for government ID, national ID, ActivClient, AKO, OWA, DKO, JKO, NKO, BOL, GKO, Marinenet, AF portal, Pure Edge Viewer, ApproveIt , DCO, DTS, LPS, Disa Enterprise Email and other CAC cards.
- System Compatibility]: Compatible with Windows 98/Me/2000/NT 4.
- Advanced Realtek Chipset]:PIV, EMS, ISO-7816 & EMV2 2000 Level 1, CE, FCC, VCCI and Microsoft WHQL certifications.
- Easy To Use]: The card reader has a precision slot, easy to insert, can prevent the card from being scratched or jammed, the card reading is accurate, plug and play.
- Humanized Design]: Add USB cable ties to solve the trouble of cable entanglement and make storage more convenient.
5. Identiv SCR3500A USB SmartFold Type A
- Manufacturer: SCM Micro Systems
- Part Number: SCR3500 A
- Product Type: Security Devices
6. E-seek M-260 ID Card Reader (with USB Smart cable)
- 6′ USB Smart Cable (part No. CN8000) is included
- Can read any government issued ID card with magnetic stripe information and/or 2D barcodes
- This approach to scanning both magstripe and 2D information with one device is an ideal solution for the POS, ID authentication and law enforcement environment.
- In addition to the standard side access USB cable interface connector, the Model 260 has incorporated a bottom mounted interface connector, making it an ideal solution for kiosk application environments.
- Data is transferred to the host device via a standard USB interface (or RS-232)
7. saicoo DOD Military USB Common Access CAC Smart Card Reader
- DOD Military CAC USB Smart Card Reader for Government ID, National ID, ActivClient, AKO, OWA, DKO, JKO, NKO, BOL, GKO, Marinenet, AF Portal, Pure Edge Viewer, ApproveIt, DCO, DTS, LPS, Disa Enterprise Email etc.
- Compatible with Windows (32/64bit) XP/Vista/ 7/8/10, Mac OS X
- Sleek ergonomic design -gloss black finish. Piv and EMS ready. ISO7816 Class A, B and C.
- Compatible with US Military and Government DOD ID cards for secure login; And RECOMMENDED by militarycac.
- What you get: saicoo CAC USB smart card Reader, CD driver, 18-month and lifetime technical support.
8. Identiv SCR3310v2.0 USB Smart Card Reader
- FULLY COMPLIANT – Complies with all major industry standards, including ISO/IEC 7816, USB CCID, PC/SC, and Microsoft WHQL.
- SEAMLESS INTEGRATION – With Identiv-specific SmartOS you’ll get easy, complete support of all major contact smart card ICs and technologies in one simple reader.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY – Works with virtually all contact chip cards and PC operating systems, including Windows, MacOS, Linux and Android.
- FAST AND CONVENIENT- Shorten your transaction time with a reader that’s optimized for speed.
- STRONG SECURITY – Ideally suited for use in high-security federal government applications, online banking and credit card payment apps, Windows authentication and Single Sign-On (SSO), Network login, and much more.
- Interfaces & Connections: 1 x USB – 4 pin USB Type A
- PC Compatibility: Win; Linux; Mac OS
- Ergonomic and cost efficient design
- Software and functionality compatible with SCM´s SCR33xx readers family
- In field firmware upgrades (SCR3310). EMV Level 1 certified
- Compliant with major smart cards and relevant industry standards
9. Identiv SCR3500 Smartfold Smart Card Reader
- Compact And Lightweight Dongle Form-Factor Card Reader
- Accepts Cards In Id1 Format (Iso8716)
- Ccid Compliant
- Compact and lightweight dongle form-factor card reader
- Accepts cards in ID1 format (ISO8716)
- CCID compliant
- Compliant with all major smart cards and relevant industry standards
- EMV Level 1 certification*
10. Thursby Apple Plug-in Smart Card Reader with Lightning Connector Including SubRosa Software (TSS-PK7)
- CAC/PIV MOBILE READER: Tired of carrying two phones or a bulky laptop? The PKard Reader with Lightning connector allows you to use your CAC/PIV card on your mobile device.
- MFA AND BYOD: Supports bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and two-factor authentication (2FA) on mobile devices.
- MULTIPLE CAPABILITIES: Access two-factor websites, sign, encrypt, and decrypt emails, view, edit, and create calendar events, and edit and sign PDF documents from your iPhone or iPad.
- SUPPORTS INDUSTRY STANDARDS: Apple MFi (for iOS devices), ISO 7816, NIST IR 6887, IEC 60950, FCC class B part 15, CE, and RoHS.
- This reader can be used with an iPad Pro with USB-C port! We recommend purchasing a lightning to USB-C converter from zaught.
- First, our algorithms collected as much information available about these products from trusted sources.
- We employed both Artificial Intelligence and large data volume to validate all collected information.
- Then our AI ranked them on their quality-to-price ratio using industry-standard criteria that let us pick the best Smart Card Reader currently on the market!
- Brand Value: What happens when you go for a not-so-reputable brand just because the price seems cheap? Well, the chance of getting a short-lasting product goes higher. That’s because the renowned brands have a reputation to maintain, others don’t.
- Features: You don’t need heaps of features, but useful ones. We look at the features that matter and choose the top Smart Card Reader based on that.
- Specifications: Numbers always help you measure the quality of a product in a quantitative way. We try to find products of higher specifications, but with the right balance.
- Customer Ratings: The hundreds of customers using the Smart Card Reader before you won’t say wrong, would they? Better ratings mean better service experienced by a good number of people.
- Customer Reviews: Like ratings, customer reviews give you actual and trustworthy information, coming from real-world consumers about the Smart Card Reader they used.
- Seller Rank: Now, this is interesting! You don’t just need a good Smart Card Reader, you need a product that is trendy and growing in sales. It serves two objectives. Firstly, the growing number of users indicates the product is good. Secondly, the manufacturers will hopefully provide better quality and after-sales service because of that growing number.
- Value For The Money: They say you get what you pay for. Cheap isn’t always good. But that doesn’t mean splashing tons of money on a flashy but underserving product is good either. We try to measure how much value for the money you can get from your Smart Card Reader before putting them on the list.
- Durability: Durability and reliability go hand to hand. A robust and durable Smart Card Reader will serve you for months and years to come.
- Availability: Products come and go, new products take the place of the old ones. Probably some new features were added, some necessary modifications were done. What’s the point of using a supposedly good Smart Card Reader if that’s no longer continued by the manufacturer? We try to feature products that are up-to-date and sold by at least one reliable seller, if not several.
- Negative Ratings: Yes, we take that into consideration too! When we pick the top rated Smart Card Reader on the market, the products that got mostly negative ratings get filtered and discarded.